Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day Eighty One

Another day of rain again kept me out of the door to door loop.

I did however get my final two weeks of ads set-up and confirmed my position on the ballot with the Board of Elections. I also started lining up volunteers for election day. So far I have 9 of the 25 people that I need to cover the polling places. So an e-mail blast will soon be on it’s way to family and friends who have offered their help.

I was interviewed today by a reporter for the daily newspaper about my political blog. It was an interesting conversation about the power of blogging and whether I have found this blog to be effective in my campaign.

My take on the subject is that blogs are invaluable to political candidates because they provide an uncensored public forum through which their ideas and opinions can be shared with voters. The catch is getting people to take up the habit of logging on and reading, which to my surprise, quite a few people in Eden are doing. What’s even more interesting is that I’m also picking up readers around Erie County.

From the start, I felt that anyone curious about the political process in general would enjoy this daily diary, whether they live in Eden, New York or San Francisco, California. The scenarios, the conflicts, the ups, the downs, are all about the human experience and in that respect this blog has a wide ranging appeal. But will it help get me elected?

Two weeks from today, I’ll know.
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit