Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Day Eighty Six

Today day was sunny and warm. Picture perfect for door to door. I, however, was not. After 5 hours of walking yesterday, my back decided to let me know that I needed the day off. And so I took it---sort of.

I spent the 3 hours I had targeted for campaigning cleaning my house and putting away outdoor furniture and garden decorations. So while restful it was not, the time was definitely well spent. My home and my family have all taken a back seat since I began walking door to door. No one is complaining, but I must admit it felt good to put my house in order.

The Democrats held a cocktail party last night. I didn’t hear anything about it, so I have no idea if it was well attended. It’s interesting the number of people in this town who still focus on party affiliation and support candidates solely on their endorsements. There is however a growing group of voters looking for new blood---candidates who will bring a fresh perspective to government, regardless of what party they represent.

However, as I continue to tell those who ask me how the campaign is going, you never know until the polls close what people are really going to do once they get behind that curtain.

On the positive side, I received a phone call over the weekend from a young man who lives in a neighboring town. I was his gym teacher in grade school (talk about depressing!) He is now a well-respected businessman in the community and very active politically. He left a voice mail saying that he read about my campaign and wants to make a contribution---said he believes in me.

Apparently all those sit-ups and toe touches I required in my phys Ed classes are finally paying off!
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit