Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Day Eighty Two

I’m thinking of retitling this blog, “Animal Kingdom.”

Last week during my door to door rounds a rooster attacked me. This week---a goat.

As I got out of my car to greet the homeowner, I noticed that the goat was coming up from a pasture on a beeline directly towards me. With last week’s rank rooster still fresh in my mind, I quickly questioned the resident if her goat might have mal intent. She assured me he was harmless.

Which he was--- as long as she was nearby.

As soon as she went in the house, the goat became combative. Fortunately, I trusted my intuition about this Billy Goat Gruff more than his owner’s advice and whipped myself into the car before he could do me any harm. Unable to attack me, the goat did the next best thing---he attacked my car, jumping up on the hood.

After a few seconds of pawing the hood, the goat got bored, jumped down and came around to my driver’s side door. As I slowly began to back up and make my way out of the driveway, the goat followed me every inch of the way, keeping his head plastered onto my window. Finally, he became bored pursuing me and gave up and walked away.

I swear I’m not making this stuff up. It’s just the bonus of campaigning in a rural/agricultural based town.
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit