Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Day Seventy Eight

At 8 am I loaded 200 apple fritters and 24 gallons of fresh pressed apple cider into my car and headed to the Asa Warren House for the free cider and doughnuts party that I’d advertised in the Pennysaver for the last two weeks.

At noon, I packed up 180 apple fritters and 23 gallons of fresh pressed apple cider into my car as only 10 people showed up.

While the number of voters who attended was discouraging, the conversation I enjoyed with those 10 voters was intelligent and enlightening. It was also instrumental to my election day plans as almost all 10 signed up to help hand out flyers.

The conversation during the morning centered around two main topics: the building inspector and the budget. My recent meeting with the building inspector aided my conversation concerning his often-controversial role. It also jogged my memory that he promised to provide me with some statistical information that I have yet to receive. I need to follow up on that next week.

As for the budget, most people are more frustrated with the school budget than the town and that’s a matter of their own control, not the town board.

When I got home there was a letter in the mail from the Board of Elections containing a sample absentee ballot. What it showed is that my party is one extra line below the four major parties, with the Party in between. So I am on Line G, which I have already translated into, “G for Good Government.” The good news is that I am the only one on the line, so it’s very easy to find me.

Now it’s just a question of if voters want to find me.
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit