Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Day Seventy Nine

No campaign, no door to door, no politics.

Just a peaceful Sunday with my husband.

Looking toward the final two weeks of the campaign, I hope to finish up my door to door and then enjoy election night with family and friends. The owners of The Poppyseed Restaurant wanted to provide food for one of my fundraisers. But since I really didn’t have the need for a lot of money, they are going to feed my campaign crew on election night instead.

As I understand it, the candidates traditionally go down to the Town Hall around 9 p.m. for the counting of the votes and the declaration of the winners. I suppose I should honor the tradition, but truthfully I would rather stay home and hear the news in the midst of those who have supported me for the last three months.

Win or lose, I'm ready for the campaign to be over.

16 days and counting….
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit