Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Day Seventy One

This weekend is filled with work obligations that will prohibit me from campaigning. The fact that I am out of the door to door loop for two days in a row is not very helpful to my candidacy. Yet the reality of life is that I can only stretch so many ways and so the campaign has to go to the back burner until Monday.

Election signs for the two other candidates are springing up all over town. My ten signs are easily outnumbered these days. I do have a couple in the garage that still needing paint. If I can find some time this week I will try to get them finished and put them up.

While it’s nice to see my signs around town, I just don’t think that they are what will decide this campaign. I think my door to door work is just as significant as any lawn signs. Although I won't know for sure until it’s over…and then it will be too late.

But win or loose, I can take satisfaction in knowing that I provided the citizens of Eden with a voting choice, which is why I got started in the first place.
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit