Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Day Seventy

Today my friend (the Republican Town Council candidate) and I met with the Town Building Inspector. This person has been a lightning rod of controversy in Eden for a number of years and it seems to both my friend and I that there must be some reasonable solutions that could help the situation.

In the ten years I have lived in town, I’ve never really had much contact with the inspector. However I have heard a legion of stories about him, most of which decry his manner and his unwillingness to ever bend the rules, or even offer friendly advice.

As it turned out, our meeting was professional and informative, and in the course of our conversation I believe we reached some conclusions that could result in improved service to town residents. The next step will be collecting the data we need to prove our points and then wait to see which one, or both of us, will be elected so that we can get our plan rolling.

My door to door campaign was on the short side today due to work obligations and a malfunctioning car. Those factors, along with the encroaching darkness that continually cuts my time shorter every night, allowed me only about 90 minutes of campaigning. The time deficiency was compounded by the fact that a lot of people weren’t home and so I was unable to make that in-person contact that I believe helps my candidacy.

The good news is that the people I did talk to were supportive and claimed they would vote for me.

I wonder how their back door promises will translate in the voting booth come November?
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit