Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Day Sixty Five

Sunday. A day custom-made for campaigning door to door as many people have the day off from work and often stay around home. Unless of course it’s football season. Then you might as well forget about anyone answering their door from kickoff to the final gun.

Today was an especially bad door to door day, as the Bills played the Dolphins. No one in their right mind would consider trying to beat those odds. So, I waited until the game was over before I began walking.

Figured into my equation of when and where to walk was the variable of if the Bills won or lost. If they lost, I was only going to campaign for about an hour, right around my neighborhood. If they won, I planned to walk until dark.

Fortunately for me, the Bills managed to eek out a win and so at every door I was met by happy, smiling people.

In addition to talking to people about the town and the election, I am also reminding them about the cider and donuts get together at the Asa Warren House in two weeks. While I have my doubts that many people will show up, most everyone I meet door to door expresses what appears to be a genuine interest in attending.

The good news/bad news scenario is that while I hope for a lot of people, in reality I have no idea how many to expect and therefore how much cider and how many doughnuts to order. My husband and one of my committee people want to press the overflow of apples from the trees in our yard and serve the resultant cider at the get together. I on the other hand have insisted that we buy from one of the local vendors and be safe rather than sorry.

Just what I need….a town wide epidemic of food poisoning from serving unpasteurized cider. Now wouldn’t that just earn me a ton of votes?
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit