Anatomy of an (authentic) American political campaign

Follow the 96-day evolution of a grass roots political campaign as an All-American rural community fights back against the political manipulation of their town board's election.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day Ninety Three

So much for planning.

I had just completed my 7th sheet of door to door voter names when suddenly the wind whipped up and the rain began pelting, both of which ultimately dissolved my resolve and soaked my wool jacket. As a result, my 4 hours of door to door was short-circuited into 90-minutes.

In an attempt to salvage some of the day, I traveled to the local craft store and picked up four oversized pieces of foam board and some red and black markers to make polling place signs. I also picked up some red, white, and blue paper goods for the election night party.

On my way home I stopped at a wake for the father of a friend. He died suddenly on Thursday from a heart attack and while my friend appeared outwardly strong and functional, it seemed clear to me that she was on an overdrive automatic pilot. It was a tough stop and the melancholy effects lingered for most of the day.

I’m tired. My back aches. My feet hurt. I’m done. No more campaigning for me.
 
                        Â
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet Free Site Ring from
Bravenet
Site Ring
from Bravenet
BUFFALO and WNY Webring!
Ring Owner: Jennifer  Site: All Things Jennifer
Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet Free Site
Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
BuffaloPundit